Unpack a ‘moment’ in time with Peter and Harry. How does what we’ve created in the past reverberate into the present and future?
- TSP102 – Time Trek: Encoding, foreboding? July 8, 2019 – Starting with Morse code in the mid 19th century the beginnings of encoding technology eventually evolved into the ubiquitous use of barcodes today. This mini revolution has ramifications well beyond retail convenience and routine record keeping.
- TSP098 – Time Trek: Optics, near and far. May 27, 2019 – Man’s quest to explore beyond the limits of the senses led to the evolution of optical theory and eventual development of telescopic and microscopic devices. Enhancing our vision, both outer and inner, profoundly changed our perspective of our universes, large and small.
- TSP093 – Time Trek: Podcasting, birth and beckoning. April 22, 2019 – 15 years into the podcasting evolution has seen an exponential rise in both programming and popularity, not the least of which is due to the rise and constant upgrading of smartphone technology, as well as corporate interest and acquisitions.
- TSP088 – Time Trek: Ikebana – Time for reflection. March 18, 2019 – The birth of Ikebana, or the Japanese art of flower arranging, dates back to the 7th century. Combining the mindfulness of the Buddhist traditions with Shinto’s connection to nature, this refined art form can offer the West unexpected insights into the essence of life.
- TSP083 – Time Trek: Degeneracy trumps Fascism. February 11, 2019 – Out of the ashes of the Weimar Republic, Hitler’s National Socialist Party rose to absolute power, and immediately set out to cleanse the nation, of all “anti-Aryan” culture. The Degenerate Art Show of 1937, exemplified this highly calculated program.
- TSP079 – Time Trek: Spanning the Ages. January 14, 2019 – Arcing back through time, we explore the architectural and social impact of ‘the arch’ over the centuries, on our civilizations, and its symbolic resonance.