Hosts Peter and Harry converse on all these techno-artistic. Everything in the world is fair game, from the nature of Time to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- TSP100 – PH Factor: The little ‘pod’ that could! June 10, 2019 – Our special celebratory milestone moment where we reminisce across 2 years of podcasting and what led up to it. Our conversation includes podcast excerpts, special moments, joys and challenges along the way.
- TSP094 – PH Factor: Notre Dame, the unmaking of history. April 29, 2019 – The tragic fire at Notre Dame de Paris on the 15th of April, 2019, sparked a slew of social, political, and religious reactions. 850 years of history gone up in flames, provides the backdrop for a lively discussion about this historic event.
- TSP090 – PH Factor: What’s up with DST? April 1, 2019 – The pros and cons of Daylight Saving Time have been the subject of an ongoing debate since the late 19th century. There’s validity on both sides of the argument, despite the lack of general agreement as to its efficacy.
- TSP085 – Lines That Blind: Why should I trust you? February 25, 2019 – Can you trust what you can’t see? The ideas of trust and respect have become nebulous concepts in a world of promises and betrayal.
- TSP078 – New Year, New Self: I resolve. January 7, 2019 – In the face of the inevitability of accelerating change, how in the world can we positively integrate these shifts, while maintaining a true sense of self? *
- TSP077 – The Sill Podcast 2018 in Review: Cogent clips. December 31, 2018 – Our first full year of podcasting spanned a diverse landscape of ideas, interlacing the large and serious with the profane and fun, as reflected in the excerpts included in this podcast.
- TSP076 – So, You Think You Can Podcast?: You can. December 24, 2018 – The reality of podcasting is a bit more complicated than talking into a microphone. Taking an initial idea to a finished product, entails a variety of considerations, from topics to technical requirements to content delivery.
- TSP075 – Resistance is Futile: Zoomers tackle tech. December 17, 2018 – Seniors are tackling the challenges of technology to remain connected and relevant. Overcoming fears and learning obstacles have become part of yet another phase of life.
- TSP070 – We Don’t Know You Anymore: The deluded self. November 12, 2018 – The eternal question of who we are: Are we a singularity or a multiplicity? The self has been the subject of exploration for Millennia, so who are we now?
- TSP066 – The Hippo and The Oxpecker: Repairing the synapses of community. October 15, 2018 – From the Humongous Fungus of Oregon to the wave of human migration spreading across our planet, life has become more dependent than ever on a value of connectivity.
- TSP062 – Whose Got The Right Time?: An enigmatic dimension. September 17, 2018 – Why are we obsessed with time? Both art and technology employ and utilize different aspects of this man-made dimension.
- TSP061 – The Absence Of Silence: Is technology engulfing us in a world of noise? September 10, 2018 – The short answer is yes… The sonic landscapes through which we move offer us both challenges to, and opportunities for, our general health.
- TSP060 – In My Craw: What’s bugging you? September 3, 2018 – Pet peeves have been exacerbated by, but not limited to, technology. Venting steam, in the face of a world that so often diminishes human values.
- TSP058 – Head and Heart: A tenuous tango. August 20, 2018 – Where thought and emotion intersect is a veritable no-man’s land, on our ongoing search for perspective and empathy.
- TSP056 – You Can Lead A Horse To Water: Consumer con contagion. August 6, 2018 – Have I got a deal for you! Lost in the whirlpool of stuff, decoupling from consumer clutter.
- TSP054 – You Talkin’ To Me?: I’m not sure how to answer that question. July 23, 2018 – Beginning near the end of the 18th century, our fascination with Speech Technology has brought us to the age of virtual assistance in the form of Siri, Alexa and others. What does this all mean?
- TSP053 – Place Your Bets: Is life predetermined? July 16, 2018 – Is life a ‘casino’ (Italian word for chaos). When it comes to determining our ‘free will’, all bets are off.
- TSP052 – 52 Pick-Up: A year of podcasting. July 9, 2018 – From initial concept to uploaded podcast, Peter and Harry chat about the in and outs of podcasting. This one year retrospective, includes snippets from some of our last 51 episodes.
- TSP050 – Malware: Pop-up spawns metafiction. June 25, 2018 – A discussion of Harry’s novella-in-progress, in which the author gets real about art as an act of defiance.
- TSP048 – Make It So, Number One: Regaining control of the good ship ‘Self’. June 11, 2018 – Is it in our power to take charge of our own life, in a world rife with controls?
- TSP046 – Money, The Root of All Evil?: Is currency the only measure of your wealth? May 28, 2018 – An exploration into the nature of wealth and the system that it spawns. Is a world without money as we know it, even possible?
- TSP045 – Blues & Jazz Bops Into Town: 16 years of musical joy. May 21, 2018 – Harry and I talk with Orangeville Blues & Jazz Festival founder Larry Kurtz.
- TSP044 – Welcome To Slumberland: To dream or not to dream. May 14, 2018 – Given that we sleep away about a third of our lives, it behooves us to explore that world in a deeper way.
- TSP043 – Machina Memories: Driving stories. May 7, 2018 – From Benz and Ford to Telsa and trending technologies. The personal joys and tribulations of putting the pedal to medal.
- TSP042 – Morality In Flux: Right and wrong in a relative world. April 29, 2018 – Is it even relevant to think of right and wrong in the same way that we used to, and what does that mean for our daily lives?
- TSP041 – Subterfuge Soup: Who’s pulling your strings? April 23, 2018 – Conspiracies, large and small, infuse the very air we breath. Is our desire to belong and connect influencing our beliefs and choices?
- TSP040 – The Caged Mouth: Do we really have free speech? April 16, 2018 – From the personal to the social, to the political, how encumbered is free speech in today’s world?
- TSP039 – My Life Has Value: Rethinking Populism. April 9, 2018 – Examining the relevance of populism in our current world and the challenge confronting the new generation.
- TSP038 – Roger, Copy That: Living in the duplicated world. April 2, 2018 – Individualism in the context of the duplicated world. The one and the many.
- TSP037 – Inventiveness: So, what else is new? March 26, 2018 – In search of the next. Probing the creative imagination and what fosters it’s development.
- TSP036 – The More Things Change: What did you learn today? March 19, 2018 – How we learn. Are the old educational models relevant today?
- TSP035 – Riffing On Music: Talking about revolution. March 12, 2018 – A hop and a skip across music’s influential landscape, “Songs in the key of life”.
- TSP034 – Still I Rise: Yes or no, do you dare? March 5, 2018 – The power of yes, in a world of no. From diets to neuroplasticity, affirming transformation.
- TSP033 – Fragmented Realities: Has storytelling gone the way of the Dodo? February 26, 2018 – Where have all the stories gone? The way we tell stories has changed. Technology seems to have altered the landscape of time itself.
- TSP032 – Do It Yourself Healing: Carrots versus chemicals. February 19, 2018 – Modern western medicine would be wise to embrace and integrate the traditional art of healing.
- TSP031 – Exit Stage Left: Good leavings. February 12, 2018 – Last rights, or last rites? Before the curtain is drawn, somber or joyful, which would you choose?
- TSP030 – Who’s That Knocking At The Door: Do you let’em in? February 5, 2018 – To lock or not to lock, that is the question. How do we use our doors?
- TSP029 – Relevance & Reliance: Reclaiming the invisible everyman. January 29, 2018 – Relevance in the age of reliance and what it means to unshackling the self.
- TSP028 – Hi, My Name Is Servizio: I am your server today. January 22, 2018 – Service from the top down. It’s all about relationships, generosity and community, so say we.
- TSP027 – Shattering Habits: Phoenix rising. January 15, 2018 – Habits are not addictions, so say the experts. In fact some habits are good. Discerning helpful from harmful, and getting off the never ending wheel.
- TSP026 – Marriage Of Minds: From I. Q. to A. I. January 8, 2018 – Will the ongoing development of Artificial Intelligence impede the evolution of human consciousness? Can we imbue technological form with human intelligence, and to what end?
- TSP025 – 2017 In Review: Shock culture goes viral. January 1, 2018 – Is shock the new normal? Are we accepting the unacceptable? From Donald Trump’s inauguration to Harvey Weinstein’s exposure, we explore the quakes and vibrations felt in 2017.
- TSP024 – Automation: Embracing or displacing? December 25, 2017 – Automation’s impact on our everyday life. A wolf in sheep’s clothing?
- TSP023 – Work: Is it doing its job? December 18, 2017 – From the industrial revolution to the digital revolution, a conversation about the nature of work in the modern world.
TSP022 – Averse to Verse: Poetry and the digital self. December 11, 2017 – The case for poetry’s relevance in the age of the Internet. How poetry can revitalize and rejuvenate the human spirit.
TSP021 – Freedom’s just another word: Real or BS? December 4, 2017 – Unpacking the idea of freedom in a world seemingly bound by restrictions and limitations. Breaking the shackles.
TSP020 – Black, 2 Sugars: Coffee, tea and tech. November 27, 2017 – Exploring the role of tea and coffee in our daily lives and their relative importance to our sense of community and personal rituals. The makings of good tea and coffee.
TSP019 – Darkside: Hello darkness my old friend. November 20, 2017 – Exploring the power of darkness in the modern world, from depression to zombies and everything in between.
TSP018 – Facsmile: Finding authenticity in a simulated world. November 13, 2017 – Is it live or is it Memorex? Sifting through a world of facsimile in a quest for authenticity.
TSP017 – Paris: A Poet’s Perspective – getting Siri-ous in the city of love. November 6, 2017 – Talking about the ‘apps’ and downs of travel. How technology has impacted travelling and the artistic experience.
TSP016 – Paranoia: Into your life it will creep. October 30, 2017 – Harry and Peter conspire to enter the world of ‘what if’ and ‘could it be that…?’ From Big Brother to Big Google, they ask the question: should we be looking over our shoulders?
TSP015 – Accepting The Other: Does race matter? October 23, 2017 – What shapes our varied perceptions of ‘Races’ who are different from ours? Should we be focusing on individuals, rather than their ’Race’.
TSP014 – Altered Realities: Is anybody out there? October 16, 2017 – Peter and Harry, on a natural high, discuss the value of wriggling out of our normal skin.
TSP013 – Temporary Vs. Permanent: It’s now or ever. October 9, 2017 – The influence your life experiences, religious and cultural background and philosophical views have on how you choose to live, or the life you end up living. Do you live your life as if every day were your last?
TSP012 – Opinion: The U.S. economy will never have another Golden Age. October 2, 2017 – This episode is based on a published article… Changing technologies impact societal and economic development. This podcast gives voice (almost verbatim) to an article written by MarketWatch columnist, Howard R. Gold, posted on MarketWatch, September 1, 2017.
TSP011 – Mentors: Your mother is your first. September 25, 2017 – Who, or what, can influence your creation or vital spirit? Recalling those special people who help shape or completely change the path of your life.
TSP010 – Act Your Age: Where’s the manual? September 18, 2017 – Ageism is the new social prejudice, at a time when people over 65 crowd are beginning to outnumber those under 15. Coping with the disadvantages of aging, while cherishing the advantages a long life can bring.
TSP009 – Fade To Black: Dealing with death. September 11, 2017 – Dealing with the inevitable conclusion of life, as we know it. Is there a case to be made for living too long?
- TSP008 – Ch-Ch-Changes: Facing the strange. September 4, 2017 – Can we adapt to a world seemingly hurtling out of control? The quest for change.
TSP007 – Red Alert!: Is your security is an illusion? August 28, 2017 – Is the world more secure or have we simply become increasingly numb to, complacent or accepting, about what most of us feel we can’t control?
TSP006 – Cockamamy: Living with absurdity. August 21, 2017 – Has technology contributed and exacerbated the absurdity we experience, or are exposed to, in our daily living?
- TSP005 – Analogue to Digital: Our brain is not binary. August 14, 2017 – Do you prefer listening to vinyl records or CDs, or does it matter? Digital technology and it’s affect on the quality of our lives.
- TSP004 – Cracking Codes: What on Earth do you mean? August 7, 2017 – Decoding the language of Art and Technology. Our brain is not binary. Analogue and digital systems, living in today’s world.
- TSP003 – The Art of Poetry: Poet Laureate waxes poetic. July 31, 2017 – Harry Posner discusses his views, plans and ideas, on becoming Dufferin County’s first Poet Laureate.
- TSP002 – The Value Crisis: from dollars to democracy, why numbers are ruining our world. July 24, 2017 – As a partial sequel to Episode 1, in Episode 2 Author Andrew Welch (TheValueCrisis.com) joins us to discuss his book,’The Value Crisis: From dollars to democracy, why numbers are ruing our world.’
- TSP001 – Techno Zeitgeist: inside the machine. July 17, 2017 – Is technology helping, or hindering you?
- TSP000 – Intro – Peter & Harry: Who do they think they are? July 10, 2017 – Brief Bio chat introducing Peter & Harry. This casual exchange was, in part, what led to the creation of ‘The Sill’.